Cover

Cover

Thursday, May 31

Poke

Since we are taking the red eye, H and I had a bit of spare time this morning to get some last minute errands done. I am always surprised how much effort it takes to leave a home... cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Before nap time, I thought we should stop and get one last authentic Hawaiian meal to go. Have you ever heard of Poke? It is a raw fish salad. I feel like most initial reaction to this is either sick or sounds delicious; there is no in between. If you love sushi (serious sushi not just the common California roll)... then this is for you! I had never heard of it prior to moving to Hawaii... but it is a dish I will be sharing with all my future visitors. I can be a bit iffy when purchasing raw fish so we drove to one of our favorite grocery stories that is a bit more upscale and it was totally worth it. H isn't old enough for fish but I am hopeful she will adore it since both her parents are fanatics.




and the women helping me clean the fridge... she was SO excited to help (and I think just to be in the fridge was super exciting). I am doing all last minute laundry so she was just in her diaper. The life of a baby.


xoxo,
allie


No comments:

Post a Comment