Cover

Cover

Wednesday, May 16

J's Day and Mother's Day

My younger sister, Jessie (Auntie J in our house) graduated from Syracuse University this weekend and we could not be more proud. J has always been super intelligent and excelled in school (I always remember admiring that from a young age!); she applied and was accepted to the prestige Teach for America program nationwide. Basically Teach for America goes into underprivileged school districts (typically very urban or very rural) and teaches the students, after vigorous summer training in Chicago, for two years (right J?). J was placed in Minneapolis Minnesota (yayaya, our family is from there and we grew up spending our summers there) and we SO thrilled for her. She is going to be an inspirational teacher and all her students are lucky to have her. H and I just wish we were at graduation this past weekend, but we can't wait to see what Jessie does in this world; I know it is going to be something amazing. These are my proud parents with the graduate!



My Mother's Day started with flowers from one of my best and oldest friends... Auntie Jenn. It was beyond sweet of her to remember H and I on this day. She is SUCH a thoughtful friend and we are both SO lucky to have her in our lives for years to come. This picture doesn't really do them justice but they are beautiful.


H and I had a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday. Here is the little women all dressed up for church and brunch.



We met our friends down at Ko Olina (personally one of my favorite places on the island) which is the home to the Marriott Resort and Disney Resort. Both are right on the ocean with awesome views and the wonderful trade winds. I would LOVE to live there but the commute wouldn't be worth it for us! We don't go down there enough so brunch was a wonderful excuse. Ingrid and Steve invited us and we were thrilled. It was delicious... and they were SO sweet to think about me on Mother's Day and spent the afternoon with us. They also brought flowers. I can't thank them enough! I love these photos below because Harper loves Steve; it is almost board line crush status. These pictures perfectly capture how much she loves to look at him. Hilarious.




The evening ended up my favorite neighbors coming over dinner; they were so sweet and brought over the best sugar cookies I have ever had.  It was the perfect ending to a great day. Thank you everyone for making Mother's Day so special!!

I just have to quickly show this last photo.. This was from today. Grumpy Tuesday we shall say... She is cutting another tooth on the bottom; we are up to 7 teeth and she was not pleased. I don't blame her but phew, sassy.


xoxo,
allie



No comments:

Post a Comment