Cover

Cover

Tuesday, April 10

Seven Months

For some reason seven month seems unbelievably old (I know, I know some of you are laughing because she will only continue to get older!). When Harps was first born, I remember thinking that "older" baby ages, like seven month, seemed light years away. Well time really does fly. The first month of having a newborn, especially as a new parent, is overwhelming with zero sleep, tons of laundry, and non stop feeding. Although Harps is a fairly easy baby, I would see "older" babies at the commissary and think it would be much easier at that age! Well.. here we are and it is definitely easier but as I am learning each phase and age has its own perks and challenges. These changes have been one of my favorite parts of motherhood. I love watching H change and grow each day.

She is developing quite the personality; Harps loves being out and about seeing people and doing activities. I also love being busy so we are a great team. Right now, everywhere we go she waves non-stop at everyone! Her favorite people are soldiers in uniform... I think she might associate them with Will.

Her favorite food is avocado (also Will's favorite food) and she adores dogs. She still hates her car seat; I keep hoping we will outgrow that and she is on the move! Phew, she is crawling and pulling up on everything. I love that she is mobile but she keeps me on my toes! I can't take my eyes off her.

She is still very small for her age (5th percentile!) The doctor isn't worried and thinks that she is just a petite lady; he said that she burns so many calories consistently moving. She is really strong though.






I love this last picture. Sophie the Giraffe is still her favorite! Sophie travels with Harps almost everywhere. I just ordered some new "pull up/walking" toys.. We will see what she thinks of those!

This was quite an H post, phew. A new Afghanistan post is coming soon!

Happy Tuesday!

xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment