Cover

Cover

Friday, April 19

Toddler Crafts (?)

H is starting to show a real interest in "art"... I use the term loosely because her skills and our crafts are very basic... scribbling, stickering, etc but I still want to encourage it! Hence the question mark at the beginning! Art is such an important part of our world.

This past week after nap time I have tried to make an effort to attempt some 19 month old skill level crafts. Again very basic. I have seen so so many clever ideas for toddler crafts on pinterest; hopefully this summer when our spring activities end, I can get some fun outdoor type crafts going. (and the motivation to gather the supplies with our very limited Hawaiian craft stores!) I am sure in a couple of years we will be knee deep in all sorts of (messy!) beading, painting, glittery stuff but for now we will stick to play doh and coloring!




Play Doh... She is obsessed (and I am sure her love with only grow). It is definitely a necessary toy/craft for every kid; I mean who grows up not playing with Play Doh?! But I will admit, I am slightly terrified of the the combo of Play Doh and rugs...


H is obsessed with boxes. She loves coloring with old shoe boxes.. Why not? It always take her about 30 minutes to complete her decorations... which is quite a long time in the H world.


H loves jewelry! Anyway, the other day at school she made a necklace by stringing together little pieces of paper. So easy and so perfect. 

and here are some other pictures of the week... just because!



(I love this picture after Church!)



Happy weekend! We are planning on going to the zoo... and picking up Uncle Rem from the airport for a fun filled week in Oahu!

xoxo,
allie 

No comments:

Post a Comment