Cover

Cover

Wednesday, April 24

Rem's Bread

Anyone who knows Remi... knows he is a bread and pizza expert. As long as I have known Rem... I have always know him to be a huge pizza connoisseur. Remi is also a New Yorker so his pizza expectations are rather high. Will and I have been missing that New York style pizza; Oahu might be strikingly beautiful and have the world's best Kona Coffee/Kalua Pork but Pizza here is a no go. We are pretty much limited to chains. Sorry... but we are admittedly Pizza snobs (blame it on being raised in Connecticut). Anyway, on my recent quest to eliminate processed food from our diet, I felt it was time I dive into the Homemade Bread/Pizza dough genre. It is also super delicious. Thankfully, I have the perfect tutor and expert currently visiting...Remi! So we spent our evening grilling pizza (yes, I LOVE grilling pizza and I totally recommend everyone try it).


We started by making the dough this morning and letting it rise all day. The dough seems scary but it is SO easy. There are tons of recipes online. I can't wait to keep trying them out. 

12 Hours later we started this..




and then we topped the Pizzas and grilled them. The key to grilling pizza is using a Pizza stone and the trick is you have to put the pizza stone on a cold grill or it will crack!



My current favorite toppings are fresh spinach, fresh basil, 
apple chicken sausages, Maui onions, sauce, and mozzarella. So delicious.

I can't wait to keep making dough and trying more Pizza toppings. Endless ideas. 

and of course we had to do some Hawaii stuff today too. We spent the morning at Pearl Harbor.




(Ha, another photo that someone took for us.
It would be cute except they cut out most of Harps!)

I also realized that Will is not in any of these photos! He has been working, but luckily got out a little early today so the boys could go on an adventurous hike. And they worked up the perfect appetite for our Pizza creations.  Thank you Rem for teaching me such a great skill.

xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment