Cover

Cover

Friday, March 16

stuff and more stuff

Phew. I know I have been missing in action here but I promise for a good reason!! We got our stuff. It was the most exciting and overwhelming day all at once. The trucks rolled up right at 8:00 am with the three most friendly Hawaiians ready to help H and I; we had seven big crates ready to go. Unfortunately as the stuff started rolling off, I noticed some pretty severe damage. Although that is not uncommon on such a long journey, we also had several (emphasis on several) items stolen from our crates. I am so saddened to even type this; we definitely feel violated, but at the end of the day it is just stuff, right? Onward to the claims process. Ha.



It was chaotic. Thank goodness the sweetest baby was super good. She loved all the movement and seems thrilled with all of the new furniture. This is how she was most of the day! Sitting patiently in the baby Bijorn... sweet lady.


The last couple of days I have been busy unpacking boxes but I am thankful my home is finally coming together. I promise to post pictures as soon as it is presentable. I am really working on my hammering skills without Will here! Hanging some things are a bit of a challenge but I suppose it is good to push my limits.

Harpy has been sleeping wonderfully in her crib; I was a bit worried about the transition from her pack and play but I love this picture. I had just found her sheets (excuse the lack of bedskirt, etc) and she just seems perplexed by it all.


xoxo,
allie


No comments:

Post a Comment