Cover

Cover

Wednesday, May 15

What is H reading?

I am sure I have mentioned this before... but our H lady is obsessed with books! She spends hours a day flipping through her storybooks and baby board books; now obviously Harps can't read.. but she adores looking and absorbing the illustrations. My husband and I love that she is passionate about "reading" and we try to encourage it as much as possible! Children's books are so simple, yet hold so much basic meaning about life. Sharing, Religion, Friendship, Love, Family... The categories are endless! In some small way our childhood is shaped by the books we grow up with; my sisters and I adored Fernande the Bull and the Betsy Tracy chapter book series... We than moved onto the Babysitter's Club. All classic girl books. My husband vividly remembers being read Lord of the Rings and Babar the Elephant. Since H is getting a bit older (and can actually sit through a story), I have been trying to rotate our nighttime books each month. So what is H reading? Here are our May picks!

Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
 is an adorable story about each vehicle going to bed. H loves looking at the pictures. This book/plot will grow with H as she gets older. I know some little boy who adore cars/trucks and I sure they would love this story. 


Bear Snores On. 
This board book is prefect for 1-3 age bracket. It is about a hibernating bear whose friends throw a little party in his cave while he is off sleeping... I won't ruin the end.. 
but the author does a wonderful job incorporating animal names into the plot. 
H loves pointing to each animal as I say their name. 


Pat the Bunny. A classic. I have decided every household with toddlers needs this book. It is the perfect "touch and feel" storybook. H loves, loves, loves it! 

 

 Noah's Ark retold and illustrated by Lucy Cousins. Okay, so I love Lucy Cousins; she is famous for her Maisy books and awesome illustrations. I love this classic story of Noah's Ark told through her images. And it is perfect for H lady since she is obsessed with animals. 

 

What is your family reading? What are your childhood favorites? We are always looking for new books and stories; I feel like a child can never have enough books. I'll post our June books next month!

xoxo,
allie 

P.S. Some of these books above were gifts to Harps. She is very lucky to have lots of relatives and friends who love her enough to share some book love.

7 comments:

  1. I love when they first get excited about books. When my daughter was small, one of her favorites, besides Goodnight Moon, was Fluffy Bunnies :0) http://amzn.com/0866118640

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Goodnight Moon! I will need to check out Fluffy Bunnies! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. H has such a loving family who is showing her the magic of books. Soon she'll be reading aloud to you. Won't that be the icing... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be the icing!! How amazing how quickly they learn. They grow up too quickly!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for joining us on the Kid Lit Blog Hop. We have a little 22month old elf who loves reading, even though she can't yet. She frequently snatches the book from us and paraphrases it in her own words, lol. We have Bear Snores On on our birthday list for July so we can't wait to see if we receive it. Hope you have a great Book Week, cheers Julie Grasso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We adore Bear Snores On! What are your daughter's favorite books? We are always looking for new ideas!

      Delete
  4. Hi Allie! H is a cutie-patootie! I love the choice of a non-stereotypical book for your little girl. Some in your list are definitely classics. I'm so glad you joined us in the Kid Lit Blog Hop. I'm a new follower via email.

    Be sure to check out our Kid Lit Question of the Day. This week we are talking about the category of books, YA.

    http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/kid-lit-question-of-the-day-what-is-a-young-adult-anyways/

    ReplyDelete