Cover

Cover

Wednesday, May 8

Spring Semester Study!

This Spring I have spent every Tuesday morning co-facilitating a young mom's bible study at our church, on Post, through a ladies group PWOC (if you are a military wife, seriously check out PWOC... I love it)... I was SO nervous when they asked me to do it..  I always think of bible study leaders as such mature and knowledgeable ladies... Needless to say it was out of my comfort zone, but I have been SO glad that I had this opportunity. I co-facilitated with a lady whose youngest child just graduated from high school, so we were the perfect combo on opposite sides of the "mom" spectrum. We seriously have the best group of ladies who are so open about sharing their concerns, trials, hopes and dreams about parenting little ones and raising them to be strong believers in God; they have made the class and I have just helped organize. I totally recommend new moms getting connected like this... It makes some of the small struggles of parenting reassuring... Like your kid throws huge tantrums at the PX when you cart gets even remotely close to the toy aisle (a new caff house struggle!)! Ha, we also discuss wayyy bigger issues about raising kids in this world. I loved hearing everyone's different opinions. We read a chapter each week from "A Mom After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. She is amazing and lives in Oahu (funny right!); she has tons of different books/studies for women. Totally recommend her.


Anyway, I am sad to see the class come to end but can't wait to schedule some summer play dates with all of these mamas!

And I had to post some pictures of the sweetest tot.. I just adore this bubble she was wearing yesterday. And I adore her even more!



xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment