Cover

Cover

Tuesday, May 7

"Sew" What!

Two of my closest Hawaii friends and I spent all of Sunday afternoon at a sewing class on post. Okay, so I am a total beginner, but I think I have caught the sewing bug. It is such a practical skill and I can make tons of adorable clothes for H lady. I eventually want to get into applique but one step at a time. Our teacher was this adorable (and sassy!) 70 year old women who is passionate about sewing- She was the perfect sewing teacher.  The Arts and Craft center on post is full of cool, crafty activities. They have an adorable Arts and Craft Tot time that Harps and I will be attending when she is a bit older! Our beginning project was making a pillow blanket... My pillow definitely had some mistakes but it was a good start! Our teacher Mrs. Tina said absolutely no photos but Jocelyn snapped a couple on the sly.





I borrowed a machine... so now the real question is what type should I purchase? I have been researching ... but I would love recommendations.

Our weekend was pretty relaxed because it poured.... and poured... and poured. A very typical Hawaiian rainy weekend! This picture is taken from our car port looking out onto our cul du sac.


We also spent Sunday night "celebrating" Cinco de Mayo; I use the quotations because it was a very calm version of the holiday. Ha, we basically celebrated by making some delicious Mexican food.


Our sweet friend Margaret joined us! She went to school with Will and they deployed together; we love having her stationed in Hawaii and we are so glad we get to spend time with her!


and H lady.... I just had to share this photo Will tried to get of H and I. So typical. Wiggle worm.


and this is how we have been starting our mornings. H is obsessed with Cheerios. She is so sassy and insists on standing at the table with a big girl boy. Don't you just love her?!


 Happy Tuesday!

xoxo,
allie

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you're starting to sew!! Pfaffs are excellent sewing machines and what I've always used, but I would recommend going to your nearest fabric store and asking which machine would be best for you. Think about what you want to make with your machine - quilts, clothing, embroidery... Have fun and please let me know if I can offer any other advice!
    XO Natty

    ReplyDelete