Cover

Cover

Sunday, February 12

The Windward Side

It was one of those days with grand plans... or so we thought. Harps and I packed lunch and got all ready for the beach before her morning nap. That whole time it turned out it was raining. I honestly was so concerned with the logistical side of the beach trip, I never even looked outside. Ha. It isn't uncommon for scattered rain showers to come and go (especially in the mountains) but Will said the forecast was island wide. We decided to adjust and go explore the "Windward Side" (or East) of the island. So we loaded up into the car and...



Locked out. After lots of calls and break-in attempts, we finally got back into the house. The good news- our house is impossible to break into... the bad news- half our day was gone.

Eventually we actually got into the car and started the day. Anyway, the Windward side is the place to be. There is a beautiful Marine base out on this island... it is unreal. I am beyond jealous of these lucky marine families stationed there. Although I love the mountains... you really can't beat this view.


Even the drive to the Windward Side is beyond beautiful. I think all the white cars in this photo is pretty funny; white is definitely a tropical car color.



All of my future visitors will definitely be taking a trip to the East Side; it arguably may be the prettiest part of Oahu.

With the rainy season upon us we almost always see these outside; Hawaii has some of the most beautiful, complete, and clearest rainbows I have ever seen. It makes you feel lucky every time.



And of course sweet Harps before church today. I think this outfit is so grown up!


Hope everyone else had a wonderful relaxing weekend!

xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment