Cover

Cover

Wednesday, February 29

Dole Plantation

Hawaii is hands down the most beautiful place I've lived. Sorry Cincinnati, Chicago, Westport, and Alabama (and of course my favorite stint in Madison WI!). Everyday you are surrounding by this breathing taking beauty; whether it is the striking sky, mountains, ridiculously clear rainbows, or ocean... I could really go on and on, it all has a special uniqueness. I thought I would share some of our local surroundings! Schofield Barracks/Wheeler Army Airfield are really close to the pineapple fields and Dole Plantation; in fact, our post housing community is surrounded by them! If the wind is just right, there is a faint smell of that good sweetness in the air; I love it.

I had to quickly take these after bath time tonight so the lighting is a little iffy. Also notice the red soil; it seriously a deep red/orange.  At our welcome luncheon one of the first things they taught us is that in Hawaii it is deemed very rude to wear shoes indoors because of the soils' hue. Ha. I have even had workmen take off their shoes!




Big Pineapple leaves!


Bathing Beauty. Big girl is sitting in the big bath tub; partially out of necessity because our baby bath tub is in our household goods and partially because she is becoming a great sitter.

xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment