Cover

Cover

Tuesday, July 24

Weekend

We had a great weekend. Harps and I have been busy working on our garden and outdoor living (we are trying to get ready for the big 1 party!). I also love the idea of eating outside when we live in such a beautiful area. I have been patio shopping since we arrived on island and boy, it has been difficult. We finally just bought some... Furniture shopping (and shopping in general) on island is challenging because they only have really high end (that cater to the resort crowd) and low end such as Target, Wal-Mart, etc... and of course, all of that is marked up for shipping costs. We seriously thought about shipping some outdoor patio furniture from a Crate and Barrel to match our chairs but, believe me, the shipping costs are outrageous. Another odd thing is all the stores follow the mainland calendar so the stores are getting in Fall and Winter Clothes... despite the lowest lows being in the 60s. Who needs winter coats and fur boots here?

Anyway, Harps and I found some clearance furniture and bought it. It was a bargain and I think it is perfect island furniture for the next 3 years.  Luckily my good friend Margaret (and her visiting Dad!) and Jocelyn helped me assemble it (with 4 adults and Harps it still took 2 hours). I honestly don't know if I could have done it alone. Of course we had to try it out for dinner and a thank them for all of their hard work!


(Ha, that big black net in the background is construction! 
Army bases and construction go hand and hand it seems)


We also had lots of pool time...




And someone got a Little People helicopter (just like Daddy!)...


Harps has also been busy pushing her walker everywhere...




and snuggling with her favorite stuffed animals...


and this might be one of my favorite pictures of all time. This perfectly captures H's sheer love for grocery shopping. It is by far her favorite errand.


xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment