Cover

Cover

Friday, July 6

Minnesota 2012

(Warning- Long Post Ahead!) 

H and I were so lucky to add a quick pit stop in Minneapolis on our way home from Connecticut to Hawaii (phew that is a lot of states!). The main reason we planned the stop on the way back to Oahu was to squeeze in a reunion with my best friends from college; it was beyond amazing to see all of them! It had been way too long... and it was the perfect end to our long vacation.

We also were able to spend the week at one of my favorite places. I have spent the last 24 years of my life going to my parent's lake house just outside the city; the "cottage" is a unique piece of property, in that it is located on an island! We take a boat back and forth. H adored it. In general, it holds a special place in my heart and I was thrilled that H was able to experience her first of many summers there (probably more and longer when we are back on the mainland!). My entire extended family also lives all around Minneapolis so H was able to meet tons of relatives. So in three words it was Cottage... Best Friends... and Family!


 Life Jacket Woes...

... Harp's Great Grandparents... I love this picture...


... This is H's other Great Grandma! I also adore this picture...


... The kindest, sweetest Great Aunt...


... Busy beach lady...


Farm animals with Gomma...


... Out to breakfast with her Great Uncle...


... Poking Papa..


...Sculpture Gardens with all of her "aunts"!... 


...and Ice Cream with her Mama's Best friends (I hope we are all sitting here in 15 years... !)


...Lots of Luggage...


... And the most useful airport play place! (a wonderful way to tire out an active 10 month old on a long layover and long flight before another long flight... Hawaii is SO far!)


We were SO happy to see so many special wonderful people. I was beyond thrilled that all of my friends were able to fly in and meet H/I was able to finally see them all again! Can't wait for our next reunion.... :)

xoxo,
allie

ps. we also saw SO many cousins but I forgot to capture photos.... such is life but we were also so happy to see them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment