Cover

Cover

Thursday, December 19

H's Teacher Christmas Gifts

I love Christmas... and it is a busy season of giving! Since H goes to school, just a couple hours a week, this was a our first year for teacher gifts; I feel more passionate about appreciating teachers since one of my younger (and cooler) sisters is an elementary teacher. I see how much time and effort goes into teaching. Although H is just in preschool once a week, those lovely ladies must have lots of patience taking care of those sweet 8 toddlers.  I just think a small token of your appreciation, as a parent, during the Christmas season, goes a long way. This year H and I decided to give nail polish- it seems odd but who doesn't love some nice nail polish in fun colors? Since she has all female teachers it was an easy fun gift!


We also made Peppermint Hot Fudge Sauce for all of our neighbors. Since we live on post and a little cul-de-sac, we have lots of close friends on our street! This recipe was seriously easy and so delicious. I recommend very dark chocolate and the mason jars were the perfect container. I had to triple the recipe for 6 mason jars.



Makes about 2 cups
2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
1/2 cup light corn syrup or golden syrup
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, ideally dark
Heaping 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or level 1/4 teaspoon table salt
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, or to taste


xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment