Cover

Cover

Thursday, February 7

A Day in the Life

Alright so this post is probably going to be very boring for most of you... but the other day I was thinking about how much Harps and my day have changed since she left from babyhood to toddler-hood. Since this blog serves a "mini" scrapbook for our family, I am going to occasionally post "A Day in the Life" just so we can look back! Each day of the week, like for most families, varies depending on our activities which can shifts our schedules. Since I have the luxury of being a Stay at Home Mom, a bunch of our morning activities are Harper themed. I randomly picked Wednesday to feature... So let the day begin.

Harps begins her day between 5:30 am and 6:00 am... She typically wakes up as Will leaves for PT around 5:45 am. Army families always start their day early! We turn on Sesame Street at 6:00 am and watch it until 7:00 am. She adores Elmo and it gives mommy a chance to enjoy a cup of coffee. Harps is a big morning eater (or in general!).. she needs a full tray! This morning happen to be waffles, applesauce, and turkey sausages.



On Wednesday mornings we often hurry off to Stroller Strides after breakfast. Stroller Strides is a wonderful group were moms can work out with the babies in the strollers. I highly recommend it! Wednesday is our favorite because it is Weighted Wednesdays with a playgroup and planned activity afterwards. People always assume it is just walking around but believe me.. it is intense, burpies and all.



After Stroller Strides, Harps and I usually run errands etc.. but this Wednesday we took a break for an impromptu park visit to Harp's favorite pirate park.



Then home for lunch and nap! One major shift in our schedule is Harps has transitioned to one nap; I love the one long nap.. It gives us the opportunity to have a full morning and a quiet post nap afternoon. Since Will just started block leave, he has only been working half days; we love the extra time with him! Depending on Harp's mood, I will usually take her back outside or we play in her playroom. (Like I always tell Will, we spend hours outside.. I honestly don't know how to parent in cold climates!).





Yes, an outfit change.  Being a kid can be very messy.

Then Dinner time. I cook every night (well almost with our few exceptions of going out to eat maybe twice a month).  Whenever people ask me if I cook, they always seemed surprised when I say yes..  I love family dinners; although Harps is young, it gives everyone a chance to share about their day, enjoy each others company, and eat healthy food. I am very skeptical of lots of ingredients in food, especially for a growing toddler but if I make it from scratch I know exactly what goes in it! Last night we had Uncle Greg over for dinner!


(Twins in Matching Shirts!)

Then bath, story time, and bed! 



Phew, I told you it was a boring post for most of you... but for us it is always a busy day (especially when you add in toy clean up, laundry, vacuuming, etc). We wouldn't have it any other way. 

xoxo,
allie

1 comment:

  1. Not boring at all Allie! I love this!!
    Sending my love,
    Natty

    ReplyDelete