Cover

Cover

Saturday, January 19

Cold Front

I know, I know.. the post title is board-line laughable. Cold front in Hawaii... practically an oxymoron. Everyday during the last week we have been waking up to 50 degree weather; I am sure some of you are laughing at such an idea.. but to us "Hawaiian" it feels cold! Our temperatures are usually between 75-85 degrees so the 20 degree shift is cold. I am also fully convinced people acclimate to their regions and consequential temperatures... I went to college in Wisconsin (freezing winters!) and was pregnant during the summer in Alabama (soo hot), yet your internal clock just adjust! Obviously our homes in Hawaii only have Air Conditioning, because heat is very unnecessary, but it does get a bit brisk during the "winter" months.  They have been putting signs up all over post "Please do not heat your house with your oven". Ha. Anyway, we have been wearing pants and sweaters and loving every moment of it.




I love this picture... This perfectly captures our Harper lady. She is always on the move.


Drummer Girl at Music Class. 


and I had to share this picture of the gas lines on post! Of course Hawaii is very expensive.. Anyway, the gas is a bit cheaper on post and consequently it is always busy. The other day we waited 30 minutes to get Gas... crazy! 



xoxo,
allie

No comments:

Post a Comment